Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale. We provide guidance on the usual variety of HR topics, but also our group extends to include internal communications, talent & organizational development, internal mobility, global rewards, wellness, talent acquisition, philanthropy, and of course some of the most talented and creative HR business partners around, all dedicated to fostering the best work experience possible for our fellow employees.
Blizzard Entertainment Europe is looking for an experienced, business-oriented Human Resources Director at our European headquarters near Paris, France. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, engaging HR leader who possesses high personal, professional, and ethical standards. This candidate must be an accomplished strategic thinker, proven people leader, and have successfully worked in an international, multicultural organization.
- Participate as a senior member of the European and global human resources leadership teams
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative internal communication channels between our European offices, U.S. headquarters, and other regional offices
- Partner closely with European business leaders to interpret and forecast people needs
- Manage and facilitate the delivery of exceptional European HR services in the areas of talent acquisition, onboarding, organizational development, performance management, employee relations, HR operations, benefits, compensation, and labor compliance
- Manage the work of the European HR team across our two locations in France and Ireland
- Make the on-going development of the European HR team a key priority
- Manage and supervise negotiations with the French works council and unions
- Lead the European planning and implementation of the company’s evolving talent-management and performance management processes, ensuring a continuous pipeline of talent through a viable succession-plan and leadership-development process
- Degree level education in human resources or a related field
- 8 + years experience in human resources management with a large, multinational company, which 2+ year of supervising or leading an HR team
- Highly business and results-oriented with an ability to work collaboratively
- Proven record of developing and executing programs that maintain high employee engagement
- Experience with human resources practices and policies in Europe
- Strong experience in HR process improvement, project management, and HR analytics
- Ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and use of discretion
- Fluent in English
- Desire and ability to travel frequently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; is a team player
- Master’s degree in human resources or related field
- Fluent in additional European languages (French, German preferred)
- Experience in entertainment or software development industries
- Experience providing HR support to customer service staff
- Passionate about games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Human Resources
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.