Are you a skilled Rigging and Animation Technical Artist? Our team of talented developers is working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that embraces collaboration and has a real passion for all things Diablo, then come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Rigging and Animation Technical Artist to join the Diablo Team. This position will facilitate the development and support of rigging and animation technology utilized in our game creation pipeline. In addition to implementing and supporting tools, you will also be expected to evaluate workflows and identify ways to improve them. You should have a thorough knowledge of rigging, animation, deformation, and simulation tools used in the modern AAA game engines, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. Familiarity with game rigging and animation pipelines and technologies is required. This position will be the point of communication between multiple teams using our Rigging and Animation technology. Your excellent communication skills will be put to good use as you train, educate and inform ancillary teams of our rigging and simulation technology development.
- Excellent Python development skills and debugging techniques
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya and the Maya API
- Experience writing Maya tools and plugins
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging and deformations
- A minimum of 2 years experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a production environment
- Familiarity with game animation and rigging pipelines
- C, C++ programming experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- An avid gamer
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with rigging assets
- Experience with C# and/or WPF
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and properties
- Experience with PBR, deferred rendering, real time shaders
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.