We are seeking a brave Lead Server Engineer for a new Blizzard title!
You’ll join a small team of developers working on the core elements of an exciting new mobile Blizzard game. You will play a key role in shaping both the game and our team on our quest to bring together players from all over the world.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to achieve and extend the vision of the game
- Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping server for a mobile game
- Support gameplay features and ensure sustainable workflows
- Partner with operations teams to build the operational excellence that our players deserve
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical & design choices and solve for the best player experience
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a server codebase from the beginning all the way to production
- Experience building and supporting a high-scale live online game
- Experience with a variety of backend & persistence technologies and architecture trade-offs
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- Player-oriented mindset and drive to build operationally excellent services
- Systems-level C++ programming experience, ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with both game designers and operations engineers
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience or leadership interest and potential
- Experience with mobile game networking
- Previous experience as a lead on a shipping/live game
- Deep experience in other areas of game development (eg: UI, Client, Tools)
- Experience developing with off-the shelf engine (Unity, Unreal) or custom game engines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.