Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented FX Artist (Temp) to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning animated films. You will work in partnership with modelers, animators, texture artists, lighters, and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard. You have experience creating simulations and systems that mimic real life phenomena such as smoke, fire, and water. You also need to have strong art skills to help design and implement abstract magical and technological effects. Basic compositing skills will be required for FX slap-comps for review by the supervision team. Lastly, your strong background with procedural tools and methodologies are a plus.Requirements
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in producing feature film quality effects in Houdini.
- A good understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Extensive experience with particle systems, fluid dynamics, rigid body dynamics, and procedural systems
- Proven track record creating effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, explosions, magic, etc.
- Experience with node-based compositing software such as Nuke
- Able to problem solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
- Able to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques
- Familiar with feature film level pipelines and their respective issues
- Experience with VEX
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Working Knowledge of Mantra, RenderMan or Redshift renderers
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover letter (Optional)
- Online demo reel and reel breakdown
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.