Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Group Release Manager to lead a team of talented Release Managers. This team will develop and drive processes that are designed to maximize the efficiency and predictability of our software development teams through all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, implementation, testing, release, and operations. Battle.net is a large organization that is fast paced and mission critical. Success in this role won’t come easy but for the right person, it could be the opportunity of a lifetime.
What you will be doing
- Building a team - Using your skills as a leader you will hire and grow a team of talented and high performing release managers
- Identifying opportunities - Using your problem solving skills and experience in software development you will identify gaps, inconsistencies and inefficiencies in our existing processes and tooling
- Architecting solutions – You will leverage your creativity and problem solving skills to define new processes and tools that address the opportunities you identified
- Building consensus and driving adoption – Given the solutions you defined, you will build consensus and drive consistent adoption of new processes and tooling across a large organization full of opinionated people used to doing things their own way
- Measuring success and iterating – To quantify how well we’re doing on all of the above, you will create reports and dashboards that measure our success in a way that enables us to further iterate and improve
What we require from you
- Strong desire to be successful
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create order out of chaos
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Ability to be highly influential and coordinate cross-functional work
- High attention to detail with an emphasis towards being driven by data
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle and engineering best practices
- 5+ years’ experience shipping multiple releases of a well-known software product
- Nice to have: Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include answers to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What is the biggest reason projects fail?
- What is the biggest challenge facing the adoption of a Release Management organization?
- What three products did you manage/lead from a Release Management perspective?
- What is the difference between Management and Leadership?
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered. Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.