Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
We are looking for a hands-on events leader who believes in the power of events to engage, promote, and inform as part of larger marketing efforts. This position requires an event producer at the highest level! The head of global events will possess the creativity and project management skills to conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute events from the intimate to the massive. You'll amaze those present, and thrill the global broadcast audience. Someone who can geek out to video games, esports, and sports is a big plus.
You have the ability to create and communicate a clear vision for an event founded in disciplined communication goals, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards. You should also have the leadership abilities to empower a team and act as a partner internal teams to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill information.
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed communication objectives.
- Manage all aspects of events including conceptualizing, designing, pre-planning, and fully executing.
- Proactively plan with internal and external partners to allow adequate time for deliverables. Provide assistance to global offices to insure they do the same.
- Lead team to tenaciously exceed expectations throughout event conceptualizing, planning, and execution.
- Evaluate team processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality, as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production globally.
- Develop, manage, and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Manage event-related contracts and invoices.
- Gather, evaluate, and respond to event metrics.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, task sheets, show flows / scripts, floor plans, production schedules, and process docs to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and vet prospective vendors. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in event production
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in personnel management
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Experience with event broadcast, in any of its various forms
- Excellent communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail, as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Able to maximize resources and establish key relationships
- A love of video games
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.