Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!) We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn, and ready to make an impact. We have a senior program manager position in our Battle.net, engineering systems group waiting for YOU!
Battle.net is our proprietary internet-based online gaming, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform that provide gamers with the unified cross-game experiences connecting the Battle.net community and the platform that enables and supports Blizzard’s games. The Battle.net engineering systems team owns shaping cutting edge technologies into systems and tools that directly impact the business. We value program managers who exhibit exceptional creativity, strong communications skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem solving skills, and a passion for delivering amazing software and entertainment experiences. We are specifically looking for a senior program manager with an in-depth technical background in assessing and implementing high availability solutions.
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience, and increase adoption. You will help determine the use cases for the cloud and create a strategy for implementation.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities in order to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Streamline processes – Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own schedules – Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences. Train employees / create new operational procedures
- Strong understanding of project management and product management principles and methodologies
- Familiar with cloud, cloud architecture, PaaS and IaaS, and building cloud applications
- Have experience implementing server virtualization, storage virtualization, and putting management tools in place for monitoring
- Unyielding passion for technology, gaming, and progress
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a senior program manager, product manager, or similar function while working on widely used customer-facing products or applications
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- A love for collaboration but also have a proven track record of being able to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring other engineers or program managers
- Scrum alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, etc.) or PMI Certifications (PMP, ACP, etc.)
- Application programming experience
- Management or mentorship experience
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.