Activision Blizzard Esports’ Call of Duty World League events team is looking for an experienced senior events manager with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, plan, lead, and fully execute a variety of multifaceted esports events.
This senior events manager will have the creative, communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, plan, and execute intimate to massive events. Their creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, they must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume, fast-pace workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations. Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
Partner with various internal teams including broadcast, esports, IT, game development, marketing, and PR, and community to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill goals and expectations. They must have the ability to create and communicate a clear vision for an event founded in disciplined communication goals, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards.
From large-scale multiday competition events across the globe, to smaller scale productions and shows throughout the year, you will bring best-in-class event planning, production, operations, and commercialization expertise to the fore, and set a world class tone for the Call of Duty World League. You are a highly collaborative leader, with the abilities to empower a team, thrive in high-stakes, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments, and influence multiple stakeholders by skillfully gathering, analyzing, distilling, and actioning critical information.
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed goals and communication objectives.
- Comprehensively manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, planning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, venue selection, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully esports and other events.
- Develop, manage and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Work hand in hand with Event, Broadcast, and IT Staff
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event-related deliverables.
- Manage projects ensuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Identify, vet, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- 8+ years’ experience in event planning and production or operations
- 5+ years’ experience in an events management position
- 3+ years’ experience in personnel management
- Experience planning events for 3,000+ attendees
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple, demanding projects simultaneously
- Experience in personnel and/or resource management
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A passion for events, esports, and video games
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Travel required
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.