We are looking for a well-rounded Lead User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer to provide design vision and leadership for the future of UI/UX for Overwatch. We will be asking you to work within established themes as well as pushing beyond those and evolving the vision for the Overwatch visual style (hierarchy of information, tone, iconography, and more). You will be working closely with our lead designers, user experience designers, user interface artists, gameplay designers and art leadership to help the team define look and feel of the UI/UX, designing solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard-quality. Responsibilities
- Define, evolve and evangelize the UI/UX vision for Overwatch
- Collaborate with team leadership, engineers and UI developers to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Develop art and layout concepts for UI using static and animated solutions
- Serious passion for game interfaces, art, graphic design and animation
- Able to communicate UI/UX vision direction effectively
- Experience with front-end implementation (e.g., XAML, HTML5)
- Ideal candidate has 5-7 years’ UI art/design leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or After Effects, Flash
- Understanding of the distinctive Overwatch visual style and a drive to push it to the next level
- Have an understanding of the purpose of UI within a player’s gaming experience
- Experience in 3D applications
- Experience with visual effects
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI/UX lead
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.