How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Graphics Engineer to help develop our cross-platform graphics API abstraction which will be used by future Blizzard games. Efficiently utilizing the GPU is the key to bringing the next generation of gaming experiences to our fans. The ideal candidate has broad graphics programming expertise across a variety of platforms and is looking forward to reducing software/driver overhead with the tools provided by modern graphics APIs.
- Design and implement cross-platform graphics API functionality
- Maintain code for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Deep knowledge of at least two modern graphics APIs (e.g. DX12, Vulkan, Metal, GNM)
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in programming
- Experience with shaders and GPU programming
- Strong passion for cross-platform development
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Console or mobile programming experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.