Call of Duty League is seeking an experienced digital content creator to join the team to lead global social media and digital content efforts. This person should be passionate about the video game and sports industries, innovative brand communication, and player communities. This role will help define and execute strategies to develop the Call of Duty League and affiliated brands online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user-generated content, and optimize social spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, with a proven track record of large-scale content campaigns and social media marketing in the entertainment industry.
This position will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for Call of Duty League and will have one direct report to start with the possibility of more.
- Drive evolution and innovation of social media, organic and engagement content, integrated digital content campaigns, and influencer programs across the organization
- Lead strategy and content development of video and graphics across web, social, and mobile
- Develop and lead a high performing team; Manage global social media coordinator(s), from strategy and analytics to content production for matchdays and events
- Communicate priorities and topline objectives for franchise milestones, that are relevant for the entire Call of Duty League ecosystem
- Lead cross channel campaign brainstorming by gathering ideas and input from regional teams and city-based teams
- Own multi-region partnerships with third party social platforms and key opinion leaders to support a campaign
- Consider content design to best fit business needs – from static assets, motion graphics, text, videos, live streams, etc.
- Establish and communicate desired tone / style guide / framework as well as aid with the written content to ensure copy writing upholds to the standards set
- Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Partner with the other teams within the league, such as public relations, marketing, production, web, licensing, and customer support for large social initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies
- Work alongside the Global Insights team to analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- A minimum of 6-7 years’ experience planning and managing social media channels and content for professional sports, video game, entertainment, or technology outlets
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with third-party relationship management
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in social media content, engagement, and analytics
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; must be able to contribute to creative writing across social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Activision Blizzard Esports
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.