We are looking for a talented 2d concept artist, who is excited to imagine environments in service of creating amazing experiences for our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you! Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
Our ideal Environment Concept Artist uniquely straddles the line between traditional “concept” work and finished “illustration” work which is higher quality and polished pieces of artwork that make it into the final game and are seen by our players. If you enjoy both taking assets to shippable quality as well as forging fun new ideas, this job is for you!
- Design characters and locations
- Paint 2d environment and prop assets
- Collaborate with designers and artists to come up with new visual concepts
- Implement artwork into the game client using Unity3d and Perforce
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- 5+ years creating environment concept artwork for animation, film or video games
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and using them to create game assets
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically
- The ability to work well within a highly collaborative team of passionate developers
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Foundation in traditional arts including painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Passion for creating epic and awesome environments
- Previous game production experience
- Ability to 3D model
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.