Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a Technical Lead to join the Diablo Immortal team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for leading and launching great games. As the Technical Lead of Diablo Immortal, you will help guide the technical foundation of our game and manage the technical roadmap across multiple initiatives. In partnering with both internal and external partners, your goals will be to manage the technical development from concept to live operations and deliver on the high-quality promise of the Diablo and Blizzard brands.
- Working across team lines to design technical solutions for game features, content tools, marketing, PR, QA, CS, Localization, Tech, Commerce, CRM, etc.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with international external development partners.
- Defining architecture for all technology across the game
- Providing guidance on the intersection of Battle.net Platform technologies and game systems
- Advising development partners in areas of programming, debugging and optimization
- Assessing the quality and application of new technologies
- Auditing the technical execution of game features and content
- Directing the advancement of new tool and pipeline development for internal and external partners
- Identifying and mitigating all technical risks for the game
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in the AAA or mobile gaming industry
- Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
- Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
- Experience overseeing technical due diligence on games developed externally
- Strong communication with internal and external partners
- Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong soft skills, with the ability to negotiate requirements between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel internationally
- Passion for making video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.