How would it feel to have your code and tools be a key component of every Blizzard game? Are you an engineer that loves supporting other developers and optimizing workflows? Do you dream of a world where people are free to be creative while the machines handle the grind? Join our Horde!
You will join a team responsible for making a shared technology platform that is being leveraged across Blizzard. We'll partner with various game development teams to create a game engine designed to power the next generation of Blizzard games across a variety of platforms. The Associate Software Engineer, Automation position will be a valued player in this effort.
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for supporting and improving developer workflows through the power of automation. As a part of this role you will work alongside experienced automation engineers building an automation platform and administering vital team infrastructure. Additionally, you will assist supporting developers across all disciplines by removing roadblocks and optimizing workflows.
Come join us today and build something wonderful!
- Maintain and improve build server infrastructure clusters
- Write clean, testable code in service of automation
- Work with other developers identifying areas of high risk to software development or release
- Support and empathize with engineers from across the development team
- Participate in code reviews and system design discussions
- Familiarity with a programming language (ex: C#, Python)
- Excellent communication skills with people of all backgrounds and technical skill levels
- Passion for supporting and uplifting those around you
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (ex: Jenkins)
- Experience with source control (ex: Git, Perforce)
- Familiarity with systems administration on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience with system provisioning
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.