Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making Hearthstone the best product it can be on all our supported clients. In this role, you will eagerly take on the challenges of introducing DevOps practices to an existing live game. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Lead a small team of engineers to design, build, test, and deliver automation, tooling, and CI/CD pipelines that provide a smooth experience for developers to contribute source code, build artifacts, manage branches, and deploy internal tools and game components
- Collaborate with Tools, Client, Automation, QA and LiveOps engineers to improve the overall SDLC of Hearthstone
- Increase build cadence and quality while driving reliability improvements to the build process by working with Tools, Client, Automation, QA, LiveOps engineers
- Design, build, and distribute tools to improve game quality (reliability and performance) through crash monitoring, performance analysis, etc.
- Help make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and test the game, especially on mobile platforms
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Chef and Kubernetes
- Experience with VMs and container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce, Git, or SVN
- Strong, proven programming skills in C# and Python
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level
- Avid Hearthstone player
- iOS or Android development experience
- Previous experience shipping game titles
- Experience with Unity 2018.x or newer
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live service
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.