Do you love making games, lots of games, all kinds of games? Yes! Well, then do we have a job for you. Blizzard Entertainment is on the hunt for the guardian of our next great game…or two or three or four…
We’re looking for a seasoned producer, deeply familiar with Blizzard game development, to join the ranks of our Incubation teams. This person needs to be just as ready to build a block schedule as they are to track down an extra chair. Not only will they help build multiple incubation teams from the ground up, but they will be able to pitch in at all levels while doing so. If you share our passion for creating great games, and are excited by the challenge of helping shape new teams and new projects, then reach out and let’s talk!
- Help multiple teams as they grow from inception to pre-production and into production.
- Work with small cross-discipline teams to scope, plan, schedule, task, and execute AAA-quality prototypes and then help build out full production teams.
- Direct game production and coordinate work across multiple teams and between the Engineering, Design, Art and Audio disciplines.
- Maintain a high-level lens across multiple teams to ensure consistency, efficiency and establish best practices to ensure quality results.
- Plan and maintain multiple team project schedules; work with internal and external development teams, Quality Assurance, Localization, and other business teams to coordinate delivery of project milestones.
- Facilitate communications between all departments in the company to ensure everyone is working toward similar goals and any roadblocks are addressed.
- Lead the production function in driving project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, prioritization, task tracking, and problem solving to achieve results.
- Establish and maintain pipelines and procedures for game production and assist in identification and creation of any tools necessary to do so. Assist in the creation, organization, and maintenance of the project’s document and asset filing systems.
- Active role in hiring and recruiting. Help identify candidates, perform phone interviews, set onsite agendas, and assist in the final decision-making process.
- Manage day to day development issues, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed.
- Assist in overseeing and management of any outsourcing efforts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of video game market trends, patterns and customer requirements in both the U.S. and foreign markets.
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success.
- Partner effectively with team leadership in forecasting, budgeting, and business model design.
- Coach and guide the production team as well as cross-discipline leads toward defining and achieving their career goals.
- Excellent leadership, project management, oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and highly efficient time management. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Effectively delegate tasks and motivate teams. Able to collaborate with other game team leads in a deadline driven environment.
- Firm understanding of all development disciplines as well as development pipelines as they relate to games and game production.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create structure and order
- Proven ability to grow, guide, inspire and produce growing development teams
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and lead multiple complex projects with various groups, such as discipline teams, creative development, marketing, legal, other development teams, human resources, etc.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
- Proven ability to coach employees at all levels of an organization
- Able to combine ideas and methodology of production to create an efficient and streamlined pipeline that other developers can follow.
- Knowledge of the localization, QA, submission, and build processes.
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, including PC, console, and mobile games.
- 5 years' experience in directing video games
- A minimum of 10 years of AAA production experience; shipped multiple AAA titles
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing mobile games, online games, live games
- Working knowledge of industry standard development pipelines and technology platforms
- Strong knowledge of the game market and platforms
- International game or business experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.