The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
We are looking for an ambitious Test Analyst to join our “Burst” Quality Assurance team.
Ideally, you have a strong knowledge of most, if not all, of the many Blizzard IPs we service. Additionally, we are looking for someone with top-level communication skills that can effectively communicate with our varied pool of stakeholders; test leadership, engineers, producers, as well as other tests analysts across the QA Department, while working in a dynamic environment with frequent release schedules to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
We’re searching for like-minded folks that fit our culture, with a real passion for QA. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next epic challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!Responsibilities
- Partner with teams across Blizzard to collaboratively identify and meet test objectives.
- Draft test plans with a strategic selection of test methods and approach.
- Analyze and prioritize the value of manual testing for automation.
- Develop test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations.
- Execute test, document test results, and measure the impact.
- Report on the user experience and test results, calling out important details when necessary.
- Understand design tenets and be an oracle of knowledge for our requests, or a component, system, or feature.
- Ensure test tool data is high quality, fully traceable, and updated daily.
- Document and maintain all necessary testware.
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, and retrospectives.
- Champion the customer experience at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A positive “can do!” attitude
- High analytical aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience testing console technical requirements
- Familiarity with current consoles, handhelds, and first-party console testing tools
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration and test value for such an environment
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Able to analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understands various software development life cycle standard methodologies
- Real passion for video games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Love of self-driven learning
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
- ISTQB Certification(s)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.