The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo IV! Are you a skilled Gameplay Engineer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Candidates should have experience in several of the following areas: combat, AI, multiplayer, movement, navigation mesh generation, user interface, quests/mission systems, item generation, or other game systems. The ideal candidate should also have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing Diablo and other games of different genres. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, implement and maintain various gameplay systems for Diablo IV
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Experience working on various game systems, including game object management, AI / pathing, gameplay scripting, quests, player abilities, UI, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise, and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience playing and developing RPGs / ARPGs
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems,
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experience with C#
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.