If knowledge is power, then this job is as epic as they come. The Hearthstone team is looking for a knowledge manager to drive and organize the documentation of our game development and tools. This is a unique role requiring a unique mindset and focus.
Creative thinking is encouraged as we work together to create elegant solutions to unique problems. We're looking for a tenacious individual comfortable plying their craft in such an environment. In addition to enjoying the energy and pace of a dev team in full stride, you must be highly structured, rational, and have innate problem solving and research skills.
- Define documentation best practices for organization/quality and streamline ease of use for developer contributions
- Create templates and maintain organization of developer consumable design documentation for systems, features and content.
- Provide structure and support for developers writing technical documentation; champion good documentation habits and help people focus on important aspects to document.
- Engage with all disciplines to determine knowledge management needs and develop roadmaps for tackling those items.
- Analyze metrics to understand areas of information flow improvement.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience using knowledge management tools (Confluence preferred)
- Associate's degree in design, English, technical communications, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent experience / combined education can be substituted.
- Fluency using Visio and other office tools.
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Deep analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience planning and writing technical and business documentation
- Experience working in a large creative team (software development preferred)
- Strong inter-department communicator
- Excellent writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in library science, information science, or a related field
- Web, video game development, or technology industry experience preferred
- Basic programming skills
- Passion for Blizzard games and video games in general
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.