Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced accountant to join our finance team in Irvine. This position will focus on performing general accounting functions and preparation of financial reports for Blizzard esports leagues. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial controls.
- Prepare financial reports and provide supporting data for financial reports related to Blizzard’s esports leagues businesses
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of financial data
- Assist in conducting accurate and timely month / quarter end closings
- Perform data integrity checks over financial data used in month-end close
- Ensure stringent internal financial control and assist in the testing of key controls for Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist in performing analysis and reconciliation for current and new business models
- Perform analysis to support accounting positions and assumptions
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Experience and knowledge in accounting systems
- A solid understanding of GAAP
- Strong initiative, responsibility, commitment, and willingness to learn
- Independent with excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, efficiently, and while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Oracle R12 (or another version)
- Experience with financial reporting tools (especially Essbase & Hyperion)
- Possess a professional qualification such as CPA
- Experience in traditional sports leagues or teams, esports organizations
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Other jobs in Finance / Accounting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.