Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an entrepreneurial, product-focused team member to support Hearthstone. Our group manages business operations, business planning, and product management for Hearthstone. The ideal candidate is someone who has a deep understanding of game development and operating a game after launch.
An ideal candidate has great intellectual curiosity, superior analytical capabilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, passion for Hearthstone, inquisitiveness about our players, and ultimately a strong player-first design sense. Duties will include performing specialized analyses related to Hearthstone’s business and the broader industry environment, partnering with the development team to design and manage new features, and generally driving operational excellence. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with game team and commercial leadership to manage and iterate upon the game’s business strategy to build a cohesive product roadmap
- Manage the development of new features in partnership with design and other stakeholders
- Run quantitative analysis to help define development priorities
- Strive constantly to improve the creativity and efficiency of the Product organization through recommendations and process improvements
- Drive user and competitive research to uncover user segments and identify player needs and product value propositions that resonate with discreet audience segments
- Develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic and operational problems
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- 4+ years of experience in online/mobile product management, top tier management consulting, or early stage startups
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Experience managing free-to-play or live game titles
- Experience working constructively within a game and publishing team
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- Previous work experience in gaming, social media, consumer software, or entertainment industries
- Work in a related field (marketing, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, strategic leadership, business operations, management, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry (key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Cover letter
- Information about your interests:
- What’s your favorite video game?
- What’s your favorite Blizzard game?
- What’s your favorite deck to play in Hearthstone and why?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What are your hobbies?
- Who would win in a fight and why? (Choose one. A brief one paragraph answer please!)
- Gandalf vs Raistlin
- Master Chief vs Doom Guy
- Kratos vs Dante
- Shodan vs Glados
- The Blob vs Juggernaut
- Squall vs Cloud
- Jigglypuff vs Mr. Saturn
- Nathan Drake vs Lara Croft
- Han Solo vs Vash the Stampede
- … or one of your own choosing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.