Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced senior gameplay programmer to join the Overwatch development team. The ideal candidate has broad gameplay development experience from architecting gameplay systems to player facing user interface (UI). They should have a longstanding passion for playing games and should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
We're looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to design a great player experience.
- Maintain familiarity of the game’s design, for both the live product and for all on-going expansions.
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production.
- Own systems vertically from the back-end to the player facing UI.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'.
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a gameplay engineer.
- A minimum of 5 years’ game programming experience.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra.
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI / pathing, animation, gameplay scripting, FX, user interface or online networking.
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework.
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently.
- Willing and able to provide mentorship for junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field.
- Proficiency in multi-threaded systems.
- Experience designing gameplay systems for real-time multiplayer games, particularly FPS games.
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet.
- Experience with code and algorithmic optimization to improve performance.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Hinweis für Personalvermittler und Stellenvermittlungsagenturen: Wir akzeptieren keine Blindbewerbungen von Agenturen oder Personalvermittlern. Bitte leiten Sie keine Blindbewerbungen an unsere Webseite oder Angestellten weiter. Wir werden keine Gebühren an fremde Agenturen, Personalvermittler oder Firmen entrichten, ohne einen einvernehmlich vereinbarten Vertrag und sind nicht verantwortlich für jegliche Vermittlungshonorare bei Blindbewerbungen. Blindbewerbungen werden als unser Eigentum angesehen und entsprechend weiterverarbeitet.