We’re a close-knit group of developers looking for a senior server engineer to explore new territory with us! We need your help to build servers that are super-stable so that we can bring together players from all over the world in a unique new game.
We’re striving to stay small, so while each of us has a lot of responsibility, we all support each other beyond our specific job roles.
- Plan and implement a server infrastructure that allows gameplay engineers and server feature engineers to deliver epic game experiences
- Bridge gameplay design features and operational requirements into shippable fun solutions
- Player-oriented mindset and drive to build operationally excellent services
- Experience building core server features in high-concurrency client-server games
- Experience with a wide variety of backend technologies, databases and architecture trade-offs
- Systems-level C++ programming experience, ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with engineers, operations teams, and designers
- Proven experience with live debugging and incident resolution
- Passion for co-op games, RPGs and board games
- Game client development experience (C++, C# / Unity)
- Web & REST API development experience
- You are not afraid of bears, instead you treat them with the respect, dignity and caution that they deserve.
- Linux system administration experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Hinweis für Personalvermittler und Stellenvermittlungsagenturen: Wir akzeptieren keine Blindbewerbungen von Agenturen oder Personalvermittlern. Bitte leiten Sie keine Blindbewerbungen an unsere Webseite oder Angestellten weiter. Wir werden keine Gebühren an fremde Agenturen, Personalvermittler oder Firmen entrichten, ohne einen einvernehmlich vereinbarten Vertrag und sind nicht verantwortlich für jegliche Vermittlungshonorare bei Blindbewerbungen. Blindbewerbungen werden als unser Eigentum angesehen und entsprechend weiterverarbeitet.